Re: [TenTec] On the Corsair II revival idea and receiver noise

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>, "n8wff@yahoo.com" <n8wff@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] On the Corsair II revival idea and receiver noise
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2016 22:19:46 -0500
Interesting parallel, Gary,

I got very active in CW traffic handling and bought a Corsair because it was full QSK (unlike my Heath HW-100). I bought a Paragon for digital modes (AMTOR at the time) and for AF MARS. I got into MARS just around the time of Desert Shield when they were handling tons of traffic. My the time I finished the MARS training program, it was all over and the traffic volume dropped to zero, so I only hung on in MARS for a few months.

So, the Paragon is nice for the stability, memories, and general coverage, but the Corsair is my best radio and I wouldn't part with it. I still have the Paragon, a Scout for portable use, and a Century 22 (bought used; really quiet receiver), and even the HW-100. Also, compared to all of the aforementioned radios, the Paragon used cheap miniature potentiometers that always seem to be going scratchy.

73,

Bob WB2VUF