[TenTec] Orion 2 Zero RF out

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion 2 Zero RF out
From: Ron Stone via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 21:57:46 +0000 (UTC)
Have an O2 that has been behaving pretty good for the past two years. Last week
it developed an intermittent fault of no RF output. It could be fixed by giving
the chassis top a sharp rap with the knuckles. While there is no RF, the relay
can be heard clacking away with the CW keyingl, and SWR indicates1.0, but no
activity from the ALC light and absolutely zero output.

Yes the  TX is assigned to Ant 1 and VFO A TX LED is lit. I confirm that in the
TX menu the TX is on and both keying loops are off. There is no rear panel
connection besides the power and Ant 1 to a dummy load. The RX works normally.
Monitoring it on another RX I could not detect the slightest signal. I have
done a total reset, and unplugged and De-Oxitted the connectors on all the
boards above and below the chassis, ensured that the mini-coax connectors are
all seated home, De-Oxitted all the white plugs and sockets I can find, but to
no end. The fault has now become permanent, so I suppose it is now easier to
find.

Any idea where I should start looking, please ?

73
Ron GW3YDX