Re: [TenTec] Source for Binaural Receiver

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Source for Binaural Receiver
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2017 09:08:48 -0600
I think what you will find is that there will be no aural spatial definition.
Where we perceive sounds come from depends on a phase difference defined by
time-of-arrival and frequency. The phase difference is unique for a given
location and frequency. It's not a simple process. By simply altering the phase
as a set constant, all location information is lost and sounds appear to come
from everywhere with no focused location.

Kim N5OP

"People that make music together cannot be enemies, at least as long as the
music lasts." -- Paul Hindemith