Re: [TenTec] Argosy project radio needs

To: Robert Brown via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argosy project radio needs
From: Al Gulseth <wb5jnc@centurytel.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2017 18:34:36 -0600
Bob,

At one time I had a spare breaker but I'd have to dig through some boxes to
see if memory serves me correctly. That being said, in a pinch an undersize
good quality fuse (Buss, Littlefuse, etc.) and dropping back the output power
should get you on the air. Take a look at the archives for posts concerning
use of a 15A Buss ATC vs. the 20A Airpax for the Corsair II. Given that the
Argosy MRF477 PA transistors are known to be fragile I'd suggest backing down
to maybe a 6 or possibly 7A AGC glass (if you can find them, most of what
you'll see skips from 5 to 7-1/2A.) Possibly start with a 5A and nudge up a
bit if you have problems with the fuse blowing too frequently.

Here are links to some of Jerry KoCQ's posts on the subject of a fuse:

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/TenTec/2001-04/msg00276.html

http://lists.contesting.com/_tentec/2010-12/msg00311.html

http://lists.contesting.com/_tentec/2010-05/msg00086.html

73 es GL, Al