Re: [TenTec] I have an OMNI VII issue.

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] I have an OMNI VII issue.
From: Katz Ajamas <ajamas.rn@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 13:08:29 -0500
Hook up a dummy load.
Drop power to 10W. Hopefully the high SWR does not throttle at low power.

Take tuner out of line.

Do the SWR readings disagree?
I would suspect SWR detector or filter board.

Try each band. Is there one band where it works?
If yes, I would suspect a stuck filter board relay for that band.
If not, I would suspect SWR detector even more.

You can always hook the amp output directly to the dummy load to eliminate
all the tuned circuits and SWR detector. If it's still bad, then I'd start
looking at the amp and it's other(than SWR) protective circuitry.

73, -bob ah7i