Re: [TenTec] Omni-D relay clicks

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni-D relay clicks
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 12:12:22 -0500
Yes, there are a couple of ways to disable the amp keying relay. In one radio I soldered a jumper from the base of the relay driver transistor to ground. I another I installed a miniature slide switch glued to the side of the relay to do the same thing. Some guys pull the cover off the relay and jam a small piece of thin cardboard against the armature to hold it closed.

73,

Bob WB2VUF