Re: [TenTec] jupiter low RF output on the higher bands

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] jupiter low RF output on the higher bands
From: Bryan Lee Cornwell <blcornwell@k2blc.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 17:08:19 -0500
Joe
It may be the relays on the low pass filter board for the upper bands...pretty easy fix if that is the issue
73
Bryan K2BLC

On 2/6/2017 4:56 PM, Joe W2KJ wrote:
Howdy Ten Tec’ers:

A friend of mine has been trying, unsuccessfully so far, to get on the email
reflector so I told him I would see if I could get a response to his problem.

His Jupiter puts out 100W from 160M thru 20M….but the output gets progressively
lower from 50W out on 17M to just a few watts on 10M.

Is there something in common to those bands that could account for the low
output seen?

Is there a tune-upprocedure for the higher bands on the Jupiter?

Could one of the finals be bad causing the drop on the higher bands?

Any info/suggestions are most welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

                        73, Joe W2KJ

Bryan Lee Cornwell