Re: [TenTec] 'OLD MAN' RADIO (OMR-1)

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 'OLD MAN' RADIO (OMR-1)
From: "rick@dj0ip.de" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 00:04:11 +0100
Tom, you hit a hot button with me.

BRING BACK THE REAL S-METER.
Even if it is in addition to some digital bargraph.

Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear . . .

Fundamentally what you are saying with the rest is, we need definable
"personality modules" which can be instantly recalled.  We might have one
set up for SSB another for Contesting, and yet another for a 2nd operator,
etc.

Oh, come to think of it, this has already been done, with a tiny card
reader.  You just insert your own card which stores your own personal
personality module.  We just re-invented the wheel.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)