Re: [TenTec] Opinions

To: Mike Dishop <n8wff@yahoo.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Opinions
From: bob barnes via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 12:20:01 +0000 (UTC)
Mike I have been in and around business all my life please take a little advice
get a thick skin, try to find someone who can help you I know almost impossible
today but maybe someone will turn up,  go to work everyday with a plan of what
you want to accomplish in your work day.
You need to prioritize things within your business if commercial is where your
money is then that is the one most important, I have a strong feeling this
repair business must be a biggee as if you are honest that will be a full plate
and a money maker to you and your company.  Each and every part of your company
has to be a profit center if you want a repair dept. whoever is doing these
repairs has to make money for you!  At this point do not even consider bringing
any radios out or new products until you get the bones corrected in your
business!
Make a company policy of how your repair business is going to be handled if
your customer sends you something for repair log it in, send the customer an
email advising him you have it and it will be repaired ASAP but for him to send
no emails to you or figure out a way for just important stuff to reach you.
In my business I always wanted to do the big deals but after awhile I realized
this just wasn't within my grasp especially finachial and I heard so many
companies unable to collect their money after those big sales so what good was
that.  I made a lot of money just hanging around the fringes doing things the
big-boys thought was below them and I made a ton of money doing it that way.
Do not let problems overwhelm you and do not let people either on purpose or
otherwise try to break you down you have a huge task ahead of you and I wish
you the very best!
One more point in my dealings with employees be very careful as to what is
exposed in your business billings, profits so forth I have been burned many
times by things getting out to the wrong people.  It got to the point in my
business I handled almost all billings and sales and profits myself as you grow
it will be hard to do this but I built a million dollar business this way and I
knew every aspect of my business!
good luck
bob
p/s I am always willing to discuss privately how I made a success of myself and
business privately
 all things are possible in Christ Jesus our savior

    On Tuesday, March 7, 2017 6:00 PM, Mike Dishop via TenTec