[TenTec] Model 253 Auto Tuner Inductor realignment???

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Model 253 Auto Tuner Inductor realignment???
From: "Paul K." <hglent@frii.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 15:58:49 -0500
Greetings!
I recently encountered a problem with my TT 253 Automatic Antenna Tuner. The roller inductor has lost alignment with the logic circuitry. This is a condition that occurred with these tuners occasionally. In the past it was the practice to call the Ten Tec factory and speak with Gary Green. He would give a couple brief instructions and a few moments later the inductor would be back in the correct position. There is a paragraph in the Operator's Manual, 2-8 INDUCTOR REALIGNMENT, which instructs the procedure to realign the inductor. I have followed the instructions several times but have not been able to get the inductor to find the aligned position. Since Gary isn't around any longer, is there any one who has had this same or similar problems, and how did you get the roller inductor to realign? I have had this tuner for many years, and have only ran into this alignment issue a couple of times, and Gary came to the rescue. Your help and advice will be greatly appreciated.
TNX  es  73  de  WA0BAG
Paul K.
--
Paul K. WA0BAG