Re: [TenTec] 422 Centurion Keying Loop

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 422 Centurion Keying Loop
From: Carl Moreschi <n4py3@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 10:53:39 -0400
Can't you just enable the keying loop with the menu setting for it?

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.n4py.com

On 3/13/2017 9:36 AM, Speer, Douglas wrote:

I have lost an e-mail I got from Paul Clinton from a couple years ago.  Using
the keying loop of the 422 Centurion with an Omni VII I am unable to key the
amplifier.  PTT connections work fine and the keying loop worked fine with an
Orion II.  Paul told me to short one of the diodes on the QSK board to enable
the keying loop to work correctly with the Omni VII.  I cannot remember which
diode.  I'm thinking it might be D4.  At the time I did not really have a need
to drive the amp with the Omni so I never made the mod but now I do so.  Can
any of you more technical than me forum members confirm it is likely the D4
diode on the QSK board or re-direct me?

Very 73,
Doug, W9PN/5
Amarillo, TX