Re: [TenTec] 263 VFO will only transmit on receive frequency & will not

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 263 VFO will only transmit on receive frequency & will not work split
From: GARY HUBER <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2017 17:08:40 +0000
The first thing I would do as a owner of similar (Corsair II with 263G VFO)
equipment is set the internal and external VFOs to different frequencies, then
determine if RA and RB are working (not RAB ) by using the reverse button on
the VFO o putting the radio into transmit momentarily. If no joy,  exercise the
RA / RB switch at least 10 times, also exercise RAB switch 10 times. Exercise
the TA / TB switch 10 times, then try the reverse button on the ext. VFO and
try a momentary transmit. If that doesn't work, I'd try cleaning the pins of
the molex connector to the 263 and plugging and unplugging it a few times.

These steps should help you either clear the problem or provide more info for
determining where to look.

73 & DX,

Gary - AB9M