[TenTec] An Unusual Argosy 525D

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] An Unusual Argosy 525D
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2017 17:26:49 -0400
Spotted something very unusual at the Breezeshooter's Hamfest this morning.

It looked like an Argosy 525D, it had the manual for a 525D, and it had the
back panel of a 525D.

Only it wasn't a 525D.  Or at least, it wasn't labeled as such...

It was labeled (front panel, back panel, and power supply) as being from the
Amp Supply Company of Twinsburg, OH.

Obviously at one point during the 525D production run, several Argosy's must
have been rebranded for Amp Supply.  I'd just never seen one before.

Anyone know for sure what the story is or was?  The seller only knew a
little the history of the founding of Amp Supply, he had no idea why this
Argosy was rebranded.

And no, I didn't buy it (but I did get pictures).  That honor fell to Bill
W3WH.  And if it's working as advertisted, for $200 he got a nice bargain!

73, ron w3wn

---