Re: [TenTec] Century 21 audio hum

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Century 21 audio hum
From: Josh Gibbs <gibbsjj@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 07:44:16 -0700
Hi Curt,

I didn't mess with the bridge rectifier. When I removed the transformer
from the chassis, the noise went away. I've made a shield out of steel for
the transformer, but have not yet had time to install it. I will post back
with results when I get that done.

Also, Ed W3NR is mailing me a page containing info on a pre-amp RX mod
written by Dick Frey (former T-T engineer and designer of the C21). I will
scan that and post it when it arrives. I may give that a go as it is
supposed to improve the RX sensitivity significantly.

Hope everyone is getting ready for Field Day this weekend. I can't wait!
This will be my first Field Day as an Extra... passed the test last week!

-Josh WA7FPV/AE