[TenTec] TENTEC MODEL 505 TRANSCEIVER (80-10) FOR SALE

To: "TenTec@contesting.com" <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TENTEC MODEL 505 TRANSCEIVER (80-10) FOR SALE
From: w8kmx <w8kmx@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 17:04:38 +0000 (UTC)
  TenTec Model 505 SN 00266 for sale.  This transceiver has been completely
refurbished includingVFO. Unit has been fully aligned. The RF PA bias has been
modified (as perarticle from Larry East, W1HUE) for greater stability and
ability to produce 5watts output. Other modifications are: 100KC calibrator
installed, switched 12VDC brought out to rear panel to key external RF amp or
other device etc.The rig operates perfectly in CW. RF power is up to spec.
Receiveris outstanding. Unit operates “good” in SSB but on the air reports say
there isa small amount of distortion in transmit audio. Some never mention it
and yetwhen I ask a close ham to listen, he says there is some distortion. I
have beentotally unable to eliminate this distortion (although some say it is
notobjectionable). Therefore, I am selling as is for $120.00 plus shipping.
Thisunit, if I could say it was perfect, would sell for about $325.00. Comes
with TenTec microphone but original crystal elementwas bad so the element has
been replaced with a ceramic element (the output islower than a crystal element
would be but seems to be OK). Also comes withpower pole connected cord and for
an additional $20.00 I will include a NPCmodel 104R 13.6VDC @ 6 amp regulated
power supply with power pole pigtail. Allprices plus shipping or pick up and
avoid shipping costs/risks etc.Contact me offline at w8kmx@bellsouth.netor call
(864) 638-3001 for additional information/pictures or on air contact.