Re: [TenTec] Orion Power Out Issues

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Power Out Issues
From: Bernie Skoch via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 17:54:17 -0400
Robin,

I guess the first thing I would do is look at what he was loading the Orion
into, and how he was measuring the output.  If he was putting it into a poorly
matched load that could explain a lot.

Also, if he is saying the problem is in SSB, I wonder if he is measuring
average power (vs peak).  It can be very disappointing to someone looking at an
average-reading watt meter and seeing low readings on voice peaks.

Is the CW power up to snuff?

73,
Bernie