Re: [TenTec] Blown Up Centurion

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Blown Up Centurion
From: Jeffrey Stricker <jeffw9gy@pasty.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2017 07:58:20 -0400
First, make sure all filter caps are discharged. Next I would check all HV rectifier diodes ... then we'll see where we go from there.

On 9/2/2017 1:35 AM, Michael C. Marx wrote:

                Well I was using my Centurion tonight in the CW Open.  All was fine until ....BANG!
 When I went to test it later, there was no plate voltage. I don't see anything obvious.  I
pulled the tubas and still no plate voltage.  Testing the secondary of the power transformer showed
50 ohms across the secondary and 1 megohm plus from either end to ground. I haven't tested further.
 Anybody have any suggestions?
73 Mike WB0SND

                Get Outlook for iOS