[TenTec] Model 238 tuner pointer and dial string

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Model 238 tuner pointer and dial string
From: gunnerjuulnyholm@me.com
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 17:05:07 +0200
The red plastic pointer in the 238 can easily be replaced by a piece of small
piece of normal installation wire. I choosed one with a red insulation. Fold
the wire to combine the string and the elastic wire, and make a vertical end
downwards showing in the window. - I also replaced the light bulbs by gluing a
6” strip of LEDs to the front plate. Gives a brighter and more uniform light on
the red pointer.

But I need advice on how to route the dial string. I realize that a 2:1 gearing
is required, but cannot see how to make it. There are three small rolers, two
at the top and one at the bottom to guide the string, but how to make the
gearing??

Can anyone point to a description or maybe a draft of the routing of the dial
string?

73, Gunner / OZ6NF