Re: [TenTec] SDR ADC (was: TT Omni vii FS/FT)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] SDR ADC (was: TT Omni vii FS/FT)
From: g3ory--- via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 11:18:28 +0100 (BST)
Folks,

I am sure I saw/read somewhere that:

The spurious free dynamic range for the Analog Devices AD9467 ADC used
by the Flex 6000 series is 75dB. So, how come they can claim a 3rd
order IMD narrow spaced DR of 108dB?? Well, the digital magic is to
filter and then decimate. That is to say, filter to eliminate aliasing
and then throw away some of the samples.
Sounds crazy doesn't it BUT it delivers about an extra 40dB of dynamic
range in the computer, taking the Flex 6000 series potentially up to
around 115dB.

Bob G3ORY