Re: [TenTec] DDS PTO replacement for old Ten Tec rigs

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] DDS PTO replacement for old Ten Tec rigs
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 13:13:04 -0400
My idea is to use a DDS VFO as a VFO for an old Heathkit SB-104

take the output of the DDS through a filter to produce a sine wave for the
mixers and so on.

and use that beautiful gas discharge display.

All I really need is a DDS that uses an optical encoder that produces 5.0 to
5.550 mhz output.

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o

A man with one clock knows what time it is. A man with two clocks is never sure.