Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Eagle noise blanker

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Eagle noise blanker
From: John Geiger <af5cc2@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 12:34:25 -0600
Thanks for the information on the Ten Tec Eagle noise blanker.  Right now I
have a Kenwood TS950SD which has a pretty good noise blanker in it, in
terms of it taking out much of the RFI crud I get, but it also has a
tendency to distort the audio and does produce some IMD products under
heavy band conditions.  It is kind of a trade off between the noise (which
is intermittent) vs what the NB produces.  Even when this intermittent,
irritating noise isn't present, the NB will reduce the background noise
some, which is nice.

I did see one video of the Eagle's NB in action which made a station hidden
beneath the noise suddenly copiable, and it didn't seem to produce too must
distortion.  I need to check out some more videos on that.  The Eagle does
look like a nice rig for the price.

Also, does the internal antenna tuner in the Eagle work on both transmit
and receive, or only on transmit?

73 John AF5CC