Re: [TenTec] receiver isolation

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] receiver isolation
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 07:16:54 -0500
The over-riding question is whether the Orion provides internal isolation
of the subrx antenna port.  The Orion schematics are somewhat challenging
to decipher without explanation of the complex control signals.  My
educated guess is that the subrx antenna port is disconnected via relay
during transmission and is therefore protected.  But I'm not 100% sure and
unless someone can authoritatively confirm my educated guess, the prudent
course of action is to add external protection.

Barry N1EU