Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 180, Issue 9

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 180, Issue 9
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 23:27:28 +0000
If you turn on (enable) the keying loop with nothing connected to the loop,
the rig should not have any RF output when you hit the paddles or PTT.  If
it does, there's something wrong with the keying loop.  It should require
either a jumper or an amplifier that supports the keying loop to output RF.

If you use a non-TenTec amplifier, you should use the Amp Key output and
not the keying loop.  That's because the Ten-Tec keying loop uses
non-standard timing relative to the rest of the amateur amplifier world.

73, Barry N1EU

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#m_21540888219602844_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>