Re: [TenTec] C22

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] C22
From: Dukes HiFi <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 13:19:01 -0600
Perhaps I was a bit too optimistic about THAT aspect of the C21 design. Your
question prompted me to rethink that.

While the 5.0 to 5.5 MHz IF in the C21 does offer the three advantages of added
selectivity of a 500 KHz wide IF, hum reduction and freedom from the presence
of an on-frequency local oscillator, the method of using the PTO as a BFO does
still allow the ambiguous sideband tuning issue.

Sorry for the error. I do make them from time to time, especially late at night.

Gary