[TenTec] Scout problems

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Scout problems
From: Winston <jones_winston@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2018 19:23:32 -0500
I have a 555 Scout I bought used about 15 years ago. It’s always worked well
except a display problem I noted from the start.
When first turned on, the left bottom segment of each number does not light. It
shows up on 0’s, 2’s, 6’s, etc., any number that uses that lower left segment.
However, after it’s been on about 30-60 minutes, that segment lights up.
Sometimes it’s dimmer than other segments, other times just as bright.
Have any other Scout owners had this problem? Is it something as simple as
loose connection or in the circuitry?
I’ve never tried to fix it, as I know nothing about displays.
Don’t want to consider sending it to Ten Tec for repair. It doesn’t affect
operation in any way, but it’s confusing sometimes when I can’t tell if I’m on
7.180 or 7.190.
Any suggestions appreciated.
73, Winston K4CWQ

Sent from my iPhone