[TenTec] Missing display digits Omni VI+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Missing display digits Omni VI+
From: Greg S via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 21:57:28 +0000 (UTC)
Group-
Having recently sold my Omni VI+ to a nice fellow out east, when it arrived
(Carefully padded, and double boxed), the S-meter bulb doesn't work and several
segments of the digital frequency readout do not work. The other segments
appear bright in the photo he emailed me. I guess I packed it to survive a kick
off a 4' high lift-gate, and the gorillas kicked this one off a 5' high gate.
UGGGH! Is there any particular  (Easy to get to) connector this fellow can try
to "wriggle", to see if the solution to the partial readout can be easily had?
He's willing to replace the bulb for the meter...... He's on Cape Cod, if
anyone is interested in being a hero to both of us ;-).
Thanks in advance for any tips-
Greg, KC8HXO