[TenTec] Omni VI plus to computer hookup

To: Ten-Tec List <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI plus to computer hookup
From: Jim Goudie <jagoudie@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 15:13:55 -0500
Hello,

My Omni VI opt. 3 is hooked up to my old Dell Laptop (new in Dec 2000).  I use
that connection almost entirely for logging.

It’s about time I retire that old laptop, but newer computers don’t have those
old wide connections any more (I didn’t look up the name for those thingees);
I assume that I’ll probably have to work through a USB port.

What it needed to go from the Omni VI opt 3 to a USB port and a good working
connection to the computer?  If this is old hat stuff, as opposed to Red Hat
stuff, feel free to just point me in the right direction….

Thanks,
Jim  AF3Z

Jim Goudie   —  jagoudie@comcast.net
610 Kraybill Church Rd