Re: [TenTec] Can one buy a NEW Ten Tec transceiver?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Can one buy a NEW Ten Tec transceiver?
From: gunnerjuulnyholm@me.com
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2018 11:30:43 +0100
I have had my ORION II for 3 years and use it a couple of hours daily, mostly
but not exclusively on CW. I love it, but I fear that it may break down, and
not all parts are available anymore. So in order to secure my possibility of
operation I bought a SKY-SDR last summer. The human interface is not as elegant
and comfortable as the O2, (13 buttons versus 65) but apart from 7-8 w RFout,
which may be boosted to 250 w by my Centurion, the performance is comparable,
including keyer, PAN and CAT.  - It has surprised me that now 10% time on the
air is O2, and 90% is SKY-SDR !!

🙏 & 73

Gunner / OZ6NF