[TenTec] omni VI plus TX power

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] omni VI plus TX power
From: Peter Bertini <radioconnection@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 11:01:30 -0400
There is an ALC and IC current limiting pot on the rear of the 9 MHz
board.  Both control maximum power.

In your case, I suspect someone has cranked down the ALC pot to allow the
rig to generate more than 100 watts.  I'd bet IMD suffers at those higher
power levels.

Assuming you trust your wattmeter/dummy load, you can check the manual for
the procedure to set the ALC pot. The current limiting pot is a bit more
involved. But I bet the ALC limit pot will do what you need.  I set my Omni
VI rigs for a 75 watt maximum, which is more than enough to drive my SB-220
and my ALS-1300.

Pete k1zjh