Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Plus BFO trimmers

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Plus BFO trimmers
From: Bob McGraw K4TAX <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 08:27:09 -0500
Regarding BFO trimmers and alignments.

The trimmer values and locations are C10 & C12 & C13 are each 4 - 20 pf.   C16 is a 10 - 60.  C18 is 1 - 6 pf.

As to alignment, I've found the procedure as published in the manual must be followed in order as published and all steps must be done, even if you do not operate or use one or more of the modes.   There is interaction between the adjustments which means you should go through the sequence of steps 2 or 3 times.  Also, be sure the radio is "warm".   The BFO crystals and components are affected by the ambient temperature in the radio.   The frequency will move around a bit thus the highest accuracy you can attain will yield better results.    It takes patience to get it correct.

73

Bob, K4TAX