Re: [TenTec] orion 1

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] orion 1
From: Martin Sole <hs0zed@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2018 07:23:40 +0700
I think the S meter cal function first appeared in a version of the software before the very last one. At that time I recall it would only accept 0 for full scale (S9+60) and anything else made it just read 0. Then I think in just the very last software it got fixed so that somewhere around 240 is about right.

My guess, it was probably hard coded with 256 which when translating to 8 bits comes out as all zeros with a carry.

Martin, HS0ZED