[TenTec] Replacement small encoders for Orion, Orion 2

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Replacement small encoders for Orion, Orion 2
From: MadScientist1948 <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2018 16:41:25 -0500
Some posting recently have given a Bourns part number for replacement encoders
for Orion series radios.

These are really good encoders, are a perfect fit, have a nice step feel that
stays in position.

They have one fault - they double step, due to the step nature of the devices.

Tis is only important on the “Multi” encoder because you can’t set, for
example, the noise reduction to all possible settings.

Instead of going “1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc.” they go "1, 3, 5 etc.”

I have managed a fix for these encoders and thus have eliminated this fault for
the “Multi” encoder.

This is a very careful mechanical fix wherein I disassemble the encoder, peel
out the spring that enables the stepwise action, and carefully reassemble the
encoders.

They now work perfectly.

You can either do them yourself or send them to me for $10 each (plus shipping)
and I will do them for you.

Gary

W0DVN

PS: I have gotten the t time to change all 6 encoders down to about 3 hours
including eating so I would do your radio if needed for $200 including encoders
(plus shipping).