Re: [TenTec] Omni V

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni V
From: Bob McGraw K4TAX <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2018 08:18:50 -0500
 Although there is a proper calibration procedure in the manual it requires an accurate signal generator.   Since you do not know which one is accurate, how to you know which Omni V to adjust?

The adjustments, two of them, are on the bottom and are marked S Meter offset and S Meter Cal.   The the S Meter Cal is adjusted for S-9 with a 50 uV signal applied to the receiver input.  The S Meter offset is adjusted with 1.6  uV signal for an S-3 indication.  As there is some interaction between the adjustments, you will need to repeat the steps several times.     Both of these adjustments require an accurate signal generator and is done on 14.0 MHz.

73

Bob, K4TAX