[TenTec] Orion 2 For Sale

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion 2 For Sale
From: MadScientist1948 <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 22:31:08 -0500
I have a Ten Tec Orion 2 for sale.

It does not have the auto tuner but it does have the 1.8 KHz SSB narrow filter.

It comes with the Ten Tec hand mike.

It works properly on all bands, all modes.

Cosmetically it looks good with a few nicks on the front but the top cover has
a fair number of scratches.

It has the very late front panel, the one with the metabolized coating on the
inside to reduce EMI susceptibility.

I replaced all 6 of the function encoders with brand new ones from Bourns.
These have detents as standard for the replacement encoders and the give a nice
feel to them.

However, I found that the detent causes double stepping on some of the
functions on the “Multi” encoder so I removed the detent feature from the new
encoder and installed it. It works as it should.

The price for this Orion 2 is $1400 plus shipping.

PayPal good and I do not charge back the fee.

Gary

W0DVN