[TenTec] Omni VI frequency jumping/drifting

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI frequency jumping/drifting
From: Stan Gammons <s_gammons@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 20:38:37 -0500
Hi Everyone,

My Omni VI has decided to throw a few more fits.  First the frequency jumped on 30 meters, but FT8 signals still decode fine. So I let it go and didn't mess with it.  Lately 40 meters has started throwing fits and it's much worse than 30 meters.  Looking at the FT8 waterfall, at times it will drift during the 15 seconds and it's bad enough the FT8 signal won't decode. I sent another email to the list with the waterfall pic attached, but the message was too large and got rejected.  I tried tweaking the coils on the crystal oscillator board.  It might have helped 30 meters a little.  Doesn't seem to have done much/anything for 40 meters though.  Crystals gone bad maybe?  If so, anyone know a source now that ICM is no more?

73

Stan
KM4HQE