Re: [TenTec] Omni VI 5 MHz PLL

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI 5 MHz PLL
From: MadScientist <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 22:08:41 -0500
If you are off frequency consistently by 100 Hz on all bands, your problem is
not likely on the PLL board. A failure on the crystal PLL board would only
cause loss-of-lock, and the frequency error would vary widely from band to band.

This PLL cannot be “off” by 100 Hz. In fact, the only way for the PLL to be off
is for the master oscillator to be off (or for the PLL to be in a lack-of-lock
condition).

Even the 5.0 to 5.5 MHz “VFO” can only be off from the display reading if the
master oscillator were to be off.

If you are absolutely certain that your MO is calibrated to 20 MHz and the
frequency is still off by 100 Hz, then all that is left is the BFO.

In that case, is the radio off 100 Hz on both USB and LSB?

Gary