[TenTec] Help needed with Omni VI-op 3

To: <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Help needed with Omni VI-op 3
From: "Bob Good" <k4bg@planters.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2018 11:53:02 -0400
I recently developed a weird malfunction in the Omni VI Op-3.  I hear strong CW
signals on all bands presented as raspy “white” noise listening anywhere on the
band.  I can copy their sending and can locate the the source signal frequency.
 It is as if they were terribly overdriving their signal creating band wide
spurs.  I hear the same on LSB and USB.  In my 25 years with Omni’s, I’ve never
experienced this.  I have the covers off ready to dig in with the deoxit but
that’s a lot of connectors.  If any one recognizes this problem, please guide
me to the likely problem area before I go further.  This old old old timer
thanks you.  QRZ info is current.  Regards,  Bob K4BG, Sylvania, GA