Re: [TenTec] HELP! Eagle Tuning Problem

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] HELP! Eagle Tuning Problem
From: Bob McGraw K4TAX <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2020 11:58:00 -0600
Yes, coax jumpers do go bad from all the wiggling and jiggling, connecting and disconnecting.   And some are just pure crap to start with.

Also any PL-259 must be more than finger tight.   I use a pair of 4" Channel Lock pliers to snug mine.   That solves many many problems.

I use my antenna bridge on 144 MHz and a dummy load to test my jumpers.   I wiggle, jiggle, pull and push.  If the SWR flickers, I chop the PL-259 off and start with a new piece of coax and a new connector.  It isn't worth trying to save a questionable connector or piece of coax.

73

Bob, K4TAX