Re: [TenTec] Jupiter sweep/sensitivity question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter sweep/sensitivity question
From: Bob McGraw K4TAX <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 13:37:21 -0600
When the scan mode is activated, the receiver AGC is set to off mode in order to provide increased gain for the signals to be displayed.  When the scan is completed the receiver AGC is returned to the original value.   However, since there are time constants, both on attack and release values, thus the recovery time is noticed.   There is no change in sensitivity but there is a change in receiver gain.

73

Bob,K4TAX