Re: [TenTec] Eagle and Heath SB-200 Amp

To: tentec@contesting.com, richardmccay@icloud.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle and Heath SB-200 Amp
From: Bob McGraw K4TAX <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 10:54:03 -0600
OK, accepting the fact regarding the keying interface, be safe and CHECK FIRST.

With the amp not connected to the Eagle, turn the amp on, then measure the voltage between the center pin of the amplifier Key RCA connector and ground.   If it is less than 24VDC then it is OK to connect direct to the Eagle Amp Key circuit.     The Eagle Amp Key circuit is rated for a maximum of 24 VDC and 250mA.

Contrary to what someone else stated, the Eagle does provide a 17 ms closure delay before RF is supplied to the amplifier.  Please see page 7, Keying a Linear Amplifier in the Eagle manual.