Re: [TenTec] Orion II and KPA500

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II and KPA500
From: Carl Moreschi <n4py3@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 19:25:24 -0500
My N4PY Orion program will send band data via the KPA500 serial port and do the job for you. No band decoder needed.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
127 River Moss Way
Hertford, NC 27944
www.n4py.com

On 1/16/2021 7:01 PM, Barry Simpson wrote:
Gooday all

I use my Orion II with my KPA500 and usually try to manually switch bands
rather than rely on the RF sensing.

I would really like to use the band information output from the Orion II to
automatically switch bands on the KPA500.

Does anybody know of a band decoder which is compatible with both pieces of
equipment or alternatively has anyone designed something home brew to
achieve the purpose.

Barry Simpson  VK2BJ