Re: [TenTec] recommendation for panadaptor for Orion

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] recommendation for panadaptor for Orion
From: Bob McGraw <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2021 16:04:31 -0600
Well for those that are in the LP-PAN2 camp, they would suggest it be used.   And for those that are in the SDR-Play camp, they would suggest it be used.

I've used the SDR-Play/RSP-1a both from the IF output and the RF output from the Low Pass Filter.    The IF output choice is bandwidth limited while the RF output from the Low Pass Filter is band limited.  Using OmniRig, it will very nicely control the Orion and the SDR-Play will also follow the Orion.   Just set up bidirectional communications.

73

Bob, K4TAX