Re: [TenTec] Argonaut 509 - odd behavior with Drive control vs max outpu

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argonaut 509 - odd behavior with Drive control vs max output power
From: <Rick@dj0ip.de>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 10:26:54 +0200
Hello Dave,

This sounds like a dirty potentiometer for the drive control.  It is a 25k
potentiometer.

If possible, try to clean it with a spray.

It is definitely NOT the T/R relay because the 509 does not have a T/R
relay.

The older 505 had a reed relay mounted on its Control Board, which switched
the antenna back and forth between the receiver and the transmitter.

The 509 has a tap going to the antenna and it is switched in and out, also
on the Control Board, using transistor M8 and diode D3.  I doubt that this
problem is on the Control Board.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP

(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)

May the Sunspots be with Us!