[TenTec] FS: Ten Tec Argiosy frequency voice annunciator box

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FS: Ten Tec Argiosy frequency voice annunciator box
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 13:31:46 -0400
This is the second one of these "voice-boxes" I've owned.  As far as I can
recall, they were built for the CNIB (Canadian National Institute for the
Blind ) in the mid 1980's maybe into the early 1990's) to be mated to the
Ten Tec Argosy II 525D's (and maybe other Ten Tec's for all I know). I have
no idea who built them, but there were many around back in the day.  My
first Argosy II 525d from many moons ago had, IIRC, a schematic of this box,
but I have absolutely no paperwork on this one.

It's a black metal professional looking project box aprox 9x9x3" with a
white front, containing a single circuit board loaded with IC's, one speaker
(facing out the back) and a momentary contact switch on the front.  Exiting
out the back are 2 wires.One appears to be a ground and the other is I
believe a coax looking wire terminated in a common RCA male phono plug.

There is a female 12pin molex plug on the back that accepts the cable that's
hard wired into the Argosy.(Argosy not incl, hi)

Press the momentary switch and a 'digital sounding voice' tells you the last
3 (or is it 4?) of the digits of the band you're on.

This is serial # 108 and according to the Dymo label originally was for
VE1AKP, presumably a White Caner and probably a SK now.

I am thinking because of the rarity  I'd like to get about $100 for it plus
shipping to VE/W...I would also trade for interesting items worth about the
same and we'd look after our own shipping.  I have a few pix on my cell
phone, but I've given a pretty good description above.  I no longer own an
Argosy..this one was packed away in my closet for the past dozen years and
separated from its Argosy long ago but was working when rec'd.

73 de Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB