[TenTec] Help with Omni VI+ please

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Help with Omni VI+ please
From: John <johnmb@nc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 08:59:53 -0500

My Omni 6+ has developed a problem.  Here's the scenario

All bands

LSB only

Any power level setting

Keying the rig (pushing PTT) in LSB results in RF out even though the mic gain is all the way down. The level of RF is about 10% of the setting of the POWER OUT control (ie: set wide open, I see about 9 watts out when the mic is keyed).

This does NOT happen when USB is selected.   Radio functions fine otherwise.

Any suggestions on where to look to solve this ?

Thanks! I need my beloved Omni back and running well!
:-)

John  K5MO