Re: [TenTec] Fwd: Orion II x FT8

To: claudio gimenez <py2kp@uol.com.br>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Fwd: Orion II x FT8
From: "Bob, W3IDT" <w3idt@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 14:22:34 -0500
Claudio,

First things to check...
(I have a older MicroHam MicroKeyer, not a Keyer 2.)

1. You are using the Microham Router software?
A. And have the [Menu] [Audio Switching] [VOICE] set to "CBA"?
(The special setting to send the audio to the ORION II rear mic input.)
B. and the [Menu] [Audio Switching] [VOICE/DIGITAL] set to VOICE?

2. On the Orion II,
A. [Menu][SSB][TX Audio Source] set to AUX?
B. [Menu][SSB][Aux Input Gain] set to some reasonable value, ~30?
(Interacts with MK "to Radio" gain, and PC audio out gain.)

[I have a separate problem of a very local 35KW BC station getting into the Orion II via the front/rear mic inputs, but I can make FT8 contacts.)

Bob, w3idt

. Robert F. Teitel, W3IDT
.
. w3idt@comcast.net