Re: [TenTec] WTB

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] WTB
From: Garry Nichols <garrnich@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2022 07:52:39 -0400
Hello Mike,

I have a C-22 but it is not for sale at this time. Wanted to let folks know
that the 22 manual is not nearly as complete as the 21. The 21 manual can be
used to service but is not a complete detailed service manual.

Most of the boards for the 22 are in one online version of the manual or
another, but some omit boards. There is no text description of how a board
works for the 22 as there is for the 21.

Ten-Tec has the manuals for both at their site in case anyone would like to
look through them.

Also, the 21 has built in circuit protection while the 22 does not. The 22
depends on a high speed magnetic breaker in the power supply. T-T used to sell
it separately but of course not any more!

A prior owner of my rig was diligent enough to install a Sensata/Airpax brand
mag breaker in the rig I own.

The tuning dial of the 22 has a skirt calibrated in 1 kHz increments while the
21 does not. Tuning resolution is much coarser via the window above the knob.
Guess you could install a counter but I like a manual scale.

Does anyone know who is experienced at servicing the 21 or the 22 in case it is
needed?

Garry   WA1GWH

Sent from my iPhone