[TOEC] IOTA SK2KW

Peter Forsberg sm2odb@kommunicera.umea.se
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 15:44:50 +0200

                  IOTA Contest

Call: SK2KW
Operator(s): SM2LIY SM2ODB
Station: SK2KW

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH:  EU135
Operating Time (hrs): 23

   80:  116      23       52       18
   40:  155      28       54       33
   20:  304      23      228       28
   15:   74      20       81       24
   10:    8       0        5        2
Total:  657      94      420      105  Total Score =3D 1,339,260

Club: Top of Europe Contesters

Comments:

QSL via SSA-bureau.
We arrived to the Island on friday evening and Peter SM2ODB was all weat =
by
heyvy waves on the water due to winds.. But EQ OK waterproof....
Started so set up antennas, but had to stop because of thunderstorm at =
2000
local time but luckily it was over after one hour, so we took the =
fishing rod in
our hands again and
our fortune was that the heyvy wind gone into a silence after the
thunder...diploles were up!
=20
Started contest with quite good conditions but was harder later.
Peter (SSB-op) complained that it was hard to get a run going on SSB. I =
(Per
SM2LIY -CW op) did not complain about conds for CW, EU came =
trough....but not
much more.
At the end Peter got a good run on 20m SSB and we also got some DX mults =
on 15CW
in the log.
A great fun on all bands excluding 10m which was a disaster up in the =
north.=20
=20
Hometrip was a bit dangerous in the heavy wind (-Peter weat again). But =
we
managaged to reach the mainland safely.
The hard  wind saved us from mosqitos anyway....
Afterward came the interesting timeconsuming typing into N6TR. We =
discovered
about 7 multipliers that we forgot to note in our multisheets.
73!

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---