[TOEC] SV: TOEC digest, Vol 1 #148 - 1 msg

Goran Fagerstrom tjanste@algonet.se
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 20:49:34 +0100

> We have appointed 16 OH referees. Here the underlying
> reason is that several host families may have difficulty
> communicating with the competitors in English, which is a
> third language in Finland.

Which language is the second one, it certainly isn't Swedish. Is it Sami or
Sauni? (Very bad joke, I apologize to our Finnish readers). I thought
English was the first foreign language in Finland these days.

But I'm totally convinced that the organizers, hosts, and referees will
take extremely good care of the guests and introduce them to all the
important things of Finnish life.  Let's hope they make it on their flights
back.

I saw that Rusty W6OAT is coming. He was a good friend of mine in
California, but speaks with a Georgia accent. A great guy, hope many who
haven't met him will.

73,
Goran, SM0DRD