[TOEC] Sweden wins Scandinavian Cup !

Mats Strandberg sm6lrr at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 00:18:39 PDT 2009

Hello

Well, thanks for wishes, but being a notorious over-realist... I prefer to
wait a little longer to be sure about that.

Anyway, I want to thank all Scandinavian stations, regardless of the result
in Scandinavian Cup for good activity. It is true that we managed to
mobilize a lot of SM, especially in the SSB part, but Finland has an
impressive average score. If SM can have the combination of both activity
and high average scores, then the next 5 years of SAC will be an interesting
event :)

We realized that the ONLY way to challenge the Blue Lions in the East, was
to push, push and to again push our smaller pistols and medium guns to
participate. To beat the Finnish super-stations in SOMB HP Class is really
hard, especially with too little steel and aluminium in the Swedish forests
and fields.

However, let us hope that we can increase the overall activity in SAC 2010
and we also have some ideas how to do this, and how to make ourselves a
little bit more independent from other contests interfering with the SAC SSB
contest. During the autumn, I hope we can find a common solution between all
participating countries.

We also hope that many SM and other Scandinavian stations will join the CCF
meeting next year. This is a very stimulating event and I think also the
base for the development and improvement of Scandinavian Activity Contest!

So Timo, even if the wind seems to blow from the west right now... let us
have some patience. Still one month to go before the last logs have to be
submitted, and what we see is only claimed scores. We have log checking to
follow :)

73 de R3/SM6LRR, Mats